The 2015 edition of Infoscale has been postponed due to unexpected organizational issues. Please check the website in the following days for more details regarding the new timelines.
6th EAI International Conference on Scalable Information Systems for Big Data
As data and knowledge volume keep increasing while global means for information dissemination continue to diversify, new methods, modeling paradigms and structures are needed to efficiently mount scalability requirements.
In the last few years, we have seen the proliferation of the use of heterogeneous distributed systems, ranging from simple Networks of Workstations, to highly complex grid computing environments. Such computational paradigms have been preferred due to their reduced costs and inherent scalability, which pose many challenges to scalable systems and applications in terms of information access, storage and retrieval.
Grid computing, P2P technology, data and knowledge bases, distributed information retrieval technology and networking technology should all converge to address the scalability concern. Furthermore, with the advent of emerging computing architectures - e.g. SMTs, GPUs, Multicores. - the importance of designing techniques explicitly targeting these systems is becoming more and more important.
The 6th International Conference on Scalable Information Systems for Big Data will focus on a wide array of scalability issues and investigate new approaches to tackle problems arising from the ever-growing size and complexity of information of all kinds.
•The event is endorsed by theEuropean Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
•Selected papers may be invited to publish in the EAI Transaction on Scalable Information Systems
•All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries
•The proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
- Scalable Processor for Big Data
- Scalable Memory Systems for Big Data
- Scalable Parallel and Distributed Information Retrieval
- Scalable Storage for Big Data
- Scalable Web and Mobile Systems
- Scalable Network Architectures for Big Data
- Integrated Systems for Big Data (Blades, Racks, and Data Centers)
- Custom Accelerators for the Big Data Domain
- Big Data Systems and Workloads in the Wild
- Software Support for Big Data Processing: Programming Languages, Operating Systems, Runtime Environments
- Energy Efficiency in Big Data Systems through Vertical Integration, Specialization, and Approximation
- Emerging Compute, Storage, and Communication Technologies for Big Data Applications
- Architectural Support for Security in the Context of Big Data
- Scalability Issues on Emerging Computing Architectures (SMTs, GPUs, Multicores)
- Information Security for Big Data
- Scalable Sensor Networks and Systems
- Scalable Systems and Conceptual Modelling
- Scalable Multimedia Information Systems
- Scalable Data Mining